Posted on a Tuesday because the holidays messed everyone up and also we’ve been moving house and deal with it.
10. Wild Things, Ladyhawke
Solid synth for the year.
9. case/lang/veirs, case/lang/veirs
This album was classic from the first time I heard it.
8. The Bride, Bat for Lashes
And this? This is the kind of epic creepiness and melancholia that we all need in our lives.
7. Jessica Rabbit, Sleigh Bells
On this album, Sleigh Bells gets a bit more lyrically cohesive than usual and to emotionally devastating effect while continuing to bring the electronoise delight.
6. Beyond the Bloodhounds, Adia Victoria
The perfect mix of twang and devastation and blues and gloriousness.
5. Citrine, Hayley Kiyoko
The only badness is that this is so short. Otherwise it’s perfect ladygay delight.
4. In Loving Memory Of When I Gave a Shit, Lolo
My beloved, darling, deep-voiced and furious and glorious princess.
3. Good Grief, Lucius
Ah these blessed weirdos. I adore them and everything they do.
2. I’m Alone, No You’re Not, Joseph
As mentioned on Saturday.
1. Love You To Death, Tegan and Sara
As also mentioned. Bless.
–your fangirl heroine.