Today has been a fucking awful day. There is no way around that.
But. This is a list of everything that Hamilton won at the Tonys tonight:
- Best Featured Actor in a Musical (Daveed Diggs)
- Best Featured Actress in a Musical (Renee Elise Goldsberry)
- Best Lighting Design of a Musical (Howard Binkley)
- Best Orchestrations (Alex Lacamoire)
- Best Costume Design of a Musical (Paul Tazewell)
- Best Direction of a Musical (Thomas Kail)
- Best Lead Actor in a Musical (Leslie Odom Jr.)
- Best Choreography (Andy Blankenbuehler)
- Best Original Score (Lin-Manuel Miranda)
- Best Book of a Musial (Lin-Manuel Miranda)
- Best Musical
Cynthia Erivo, who won best actress for the Color Purple revival, and Brian Stokes Mitchell, who won the Isabelle Stevenson award, and Clint Ramos, who won for Best Costume Design of a Play, are also POC. This is a Tony Awards that was swept by POC winners, many from a POC-driven musical that’s making history in so many goddamn ways and I’m so absurdly proud of them and they’re incredible.
-your fangirl heroine.