- Your female friends are probably mostly going to have crushes on boys. You are not weird for not also having crushes on boys and nothing they say or imply changes that.
- And that funny fluttery feeling you get thinking about girls sometimes? That, my friend, is a crush. Nobody will tell you this, because you don’t think to mention it to them because you don’t think you can or should, but it is.
- It’s okay to be completely sure of yourself and who you are in terms of sexual identity but still not say anything to anyone.
- You are perfectly allowed to feel gross when people say words like “dyke” around you, even if it’s not to you, and them knowing or not knowing that you’d take it personal is irrelevant.
- You are also allowed to feel gross when people have viewpoints that make you feel unsafe.
- You are not obligated to be tolerant of other people’s opinions when those opinions are that you are fundamentally wrong and bad.
- You are not fundamentally wrong and bad, or even just a little weird.
- Friends you’ve known all your life may not get it like strangers on the internet do, and that’s why we have access to both.
- You are valid in your identity no matter how you present, emotionally or physically.
- The only correct way to wlw is respectfully and open-mindedly. Everything else is a variable.
–your fangirl heroine.