Presented without commentary.
1. For every woman or POC that dies, a white man must die.
2. Since everyone loves the 1 out of 10 people isn’t straight statistic, shows with a cast of 10 characters will be required to have at least 1 queer character in the main cast.
3. For every gay white man on the network, there must be a queer woman or POC character; for every Kinsey 6 gay character there must be a character who is a different variety of queer.
4. Television is generally iffy to awful at doing abuse forgiveness narratives correctly; therefore, avoid these storylines or put in the effort to show the abuser acknowledging their abusive behavior and working to make amends. And if they are not going to do that, show them no forgiveness.
5. Victims of abuse and/or trauma will have the necessary narrative time and support to cope.
6. All networks will have a set quota of dead animals and dead children they can include in their programming per year.
7. All networks will have a set quota of storylines about rape they can include in their programming per year.
8. All networks will have a set quota of times when a character’s gender/sexuality/race/etc. is their sole defining characteristic they can include in their programming per year.
9. Every network will have a minimum of 8 male-female friendships with no unresolved sexual tension.
10. For each well-written morally ambiguous male protagonist, there should be at least one well-written morally ambiguous female protagonist.
–your fangirl heroines.