Can be summed up in three words: extra super epic.
But because I am me, I will of course go into more detail too. I first discovered Sucker Punch while imdb’ing Jon Hamm (I know, I know) and then watched the trailer online and went WHOOOOOA. As the release date drew nearer, I was asked by almost all of my close friends if I’d heard about it or seen the trailer and yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. This is exactly my kind of movie, and it’s really flattering that everyone I’ve met ever seemed to realize this fact and make sure I knew. Either that or it’s alarming how predictable I am, but just last night I was saying how chicks in corsets kicking people’s asses rock hard, and I stand by this fact.
I’ve been told I can’t spoil the movie in actual spoiler ways, so now I present a list of things that are nonspoilery that I loved:
- Jena Malone, period. Then again? I always love her.
- The ridiculous amount of close-ups on the actresses (especially Emily Browning’s) eyes all mascara’d and stuff.
- Jon Hamm wearing glasses.
- Steampunk zombie German soldiers.
- A giant steampunk zombie soldier-killing robot with a pink bunny on it.
- The soundtrack. Made of win. Emiliana Torrani doing “White Rabbit”? Uhm, yes, please.
- Many pretty explosions.
- The song/dance run over the credits.
- All of the costumes, especially Jena Malone’s boots and Jamie Chung’s corset/tutu with sequins.
- The cinematography/graphics.
- The epic that is large-scale ass-kicking done by women.
I could go on, but I’d risk proper spoilers, so.
–your fangirl heroine.