So, like always: this is meant with love, and it’s pick your poison (how strong of liquor, sips or shots, how many of the criteria you want to follow), and depending on what poison you pick, it could probably get you way to hamsters. Some are more slanted toward season one, others to season two, but still.
One drink when:
- House words. You get “winter is coming” the most, and some of the house words aren’t really uttered much at all, but any are fair game.
- Other repeated phrases, including but not limited to:
“A Lannister always pays his debts.”
“The night is dark and full of terrors.”
“There must always be a Stark in Winterfell.”
Any part of the Night’s Watch creed.
Hell, if you were really feeling adventurous, you could even toss in Dothraki endearments, “blood of my blood” and “my sun and stars” and “moon of my life” and whatnot.
- Joffrey (Jack Gleeson) gets slapped or reprimanded. Because it’s so satisfying.
- Someone, probably a dude, is called on their gō se, probably by a lady. (Tyrion [Peter Dinklage] called on his by Shae [Sibel Kekilli]. Jon Snow [Kit Harrington] called on his by Ygritte [Rose Leslie]. Jaqen [Tom Wlaschiha] called on his by Arya [Maisie Williams]. This one, being rather a matter of opinion, should require specific definition before beginning the game.)
- Cersei (Lena Headey) drinks. Literally match her drink for drink, or “whoops, Cersei drinking scene, all in,” or whatever variation suits your fancy.
- Dragons. Also requiring of definition; drink for seeing the little guys, for mentioning them, for whatever suits you. I personally drink whenever dragons, period. But that’s just me.
Two drinks when:
- You just want to take someone home and bake them cookies, period. This is a reaction I have to a lot of the characters at any given time, and since they are fictional and I can’t, I healthily sublimate my urges.
- Any variety of Dany’s (Emilia Clarke) speech of assertive glory.
“I am Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen, Mother of Dragons and/or the blood of old Valyria and/or a khaleesi of the Dothraki, and I will take the Iron Throne and/or what is mine (by rights) with fire and blood, and/or those who help us will be paid three times over, and/or those who cross us will be made to suffer,” etcetera.
Just drink as much as you want when:
- Your heart breaks. Subjective as well, but still.
–your fangirl heroine.