Based on iTunes’ top 100 songs downoaded.
- 42% of the songs are performed by female artists.
- 15% of those female artists are Katy Perry (4%), Britney Spears (2%), Lady Gaga (2%), Ke$ha (1%), Rihanna (2%), Beyonce (2%) or Taylor Swift (2%).
- Thankfully 4% of that is Adele.
- 5% of those female artists are from the Disney channel.
- 5% of those female artists are a part of a band that is at least partially male.
- 29% are by artists that I have never heard of in my life.
- 23% (or 25%) of the artists featured are country musicians. (I put that extra 2% based on whether or not you want to count Taylor Swift, who definitely has roots, but.)
- 11% are songs that I never want to hear again ever.
- 9% are songs that I have not (at least consciously) heard, but refuse to listen to based on title alone.
- 1% of those actually makes me feel sort of sick to my stomach reading the title. (“Booty Wurk” by T-Pain.)
- 4% of the songs are on my list of Music Videos I Have Watched At Least Somewhat Against My Will.
- 4% of the songs are actually the same song mixed differently (two instances).
- 28% of the artists represented have appeared on Saturday Night Live.
- 4% are songs that I actually own. (Why, yes, that would be the 4% of Adele songs.)
–your fangirl heroine.