Yes. I’ve known all along that such a thing was possible, and I’ve hoped for it and anticipated and every time I watch Kill Bill, I start letting my mind spin off on tangents about what Vol. 3 could be. But I am not the great god Quentin Tarantino, so I cannot presume to know much. What I do know?
- Elle Driver (Daryl Hannah) isn’t dead. I mean, there was that question mark for a reason. She’s going to be back. And, now sans any eyes, she is gonna be pissed.
- Beatrix (Uma Thurman) has her B.B. (Perla Haney-Jardine, who I can only assume will stay in the part, that’s what Tarantino said ages ago, and she has gotten older and presumably still awesome) and that means everything. I cannot presume what they have been doing in this ten-year interval, though I choose to believe that Beatrix is possibly the most awesome mom ever. I’d like to presume, too, that they’re besties. Sort of like Gilmore Girls, with more martial arts and stuff.
- Nikki (Ambrosia Kelly) is still around, too. This can only mean epic next-gen showdown of epic, I hope.
- Also Sofie Fatale (Julie Dreyfus) isn’t dead (?) So for what that’s worth?
- The soundtrack is going to kill.
- Even only knowing these things, and that it’s of course Tarantino’s baby, I can know that it will be perfect.
I really do hope that 2014 is reality. I want it to be right now.
–your fangirl heroine.